Saturday, October 15, 2011

Happiness is right here..

Hi everyone, here to share a really new layout.. I made it last night. Been experimenting with my photography, trying to find my perfect settings, but still far from it.. So please excuse the bad quality:-)

Today's layout features a lot of embellishing and a basically playing with patterns. I used mostly American Crafts on this page, with a tinsy bit of Fancy Pants and Crate paper..


I love having a lot of white on my layouts.. They let the eyes rest on the important bits, without getting all confused. I went for a colourful embellishments to compensate for the lack of colour in my photographs.. I think it balances out the page quite well and stops it from being boring.

My focus points were the chipboard frame and the banner, I really wanted to add a banner cos the photo strip was quite wide and the banner would brake it down a bit. Everything else was pretty much spur of the moment embellishing:-)



I used some Dear Lizzy (buttery yellow) "bee" paper to add a fun whimsical touch. I have had that paper for quite some time, and it was a relief I found the perfect place to use it. The banner was made of Fabric paper, and it adds some nice texture to the layout. I also added a chipboard heart on the banner, just for a shot of cuteness!


And lastly the title was added with some Crate Paper wood grain alphas, some American Crafts Amy Tangerine Thickers and some older Pink Paislee alpha stickers.

Supplies List-

Chipboard- Maya road
Patterned paper- American Crafts Dear Lizzy
Flowers- Prima, Basic Grey
Rubons- Fancy Pants, Lilly Bee and Studio Calico
Vintage buttons- Websters Pages
Stickers- Crate Paper, Pink Paislee
Mist- Tattered Angels

Thank you for dropping by,
Have a wonderful Sunday!
Hugs!

5 comments:

  1. I really wish I could scrapbook - but sadly it's something I think I'll never be able to do - so I just appreciate others' work from afar, and yours is fantastic! I love all of the elements you've used including the different coloured 'a' in 'happiness' and the butterflies. Just fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, beautiful. Your elements and the white space perfectly compliment your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many wonderful, little details, Michelle! Just love this beautiful layout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's such a beautiful lay out Michelle! Love the embellishments, I am really bad at knowing what to add to pages I make, which are very rare!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, my! This is pure sweetness! What a very gorgeous layout, love the background features and your happy photos really bring this together so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete