Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Happy balloon card:-)

This week I thought I should sort out my clear stamp collection since it was just all over the place, I started out with my HA stamps of course:-) Here is the pile that I had to sort out, all 38 of them!!! I didn't realise I had so many,.. and to think that I accumulated this many stamps in only about 8 months!! Gosh!



Feeling rather guilty for purchasing so many, I though I would separate them by type: the sentiment stamps in one lot, holiday stamps in one lot etc.. I was pretty glad I did that since now I can buy stamps which I don't have much of, namely Holiday stamps!! I only have two sets! (sneaky way to justify it huh? with the new HA Holiday catalog being released.. ha ha)

So after I cleaned my stamps, I decide to use the stamp packs that were yet unopened, yes I have some!! crazy, I know!!

This is actually an idea I had two weeks ago, just didn't get around to make it:-) I use the balloon from the 'monster fun' stamp, love love love this set..


Here is a close-up of the dimension I achieved using pop dots...


Totally satisfied with the finished card:-)
Although I wish I could learn to colour balloons better:-(
Supplies:
Hero Arts set: Monster fun, Everyday sayings
Distress Ink by Ranger: Tumbled glass
Memento Tuxedo black ink
Copics for colouring
Have a great day:-)
Hugs!!


12 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS card! I love that red balloon. Your coloring looks amazing, girl. :)
    Oh, and I know exactly what you mean about accumulating so many stamp set. I have TONS of sets as well. I need to start using them all, instead of just "collecting". LoL

    ~ Ayana
    www.ayanaposadas.typeapad.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is super fun, Michelle! i love the simplicity and it's so creative! fabulous card! i think it's a great way to sort the stamps! i am low on the holiday ones, too! LOL!

    I sponged the colors on my stamped images while the paper was still in the die. that's how i get the perfect circle around the image. hope this helps! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card! I love your design: simple but so creatiive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What's wrong with your coloring..its perfect..its superb!! And you've got copics!! why worry..just enjoy the process...I love this card btw..am gonna CASE it pretty soon!!

    What did you use to get that soft blue glow around the edges? sponging or air-brushing??

    Love its soft look!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this - what a clever idea! And there's nothing wrong with the colouring Michelle, geez! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an adorable card, I love the balloons!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this card is beautiful! Simple yet very clever! There's so many things to try!

    About feeling guilty, I totally agree!! I tend to do like Ayana: just collect and not use them! I'll have to change that...

    Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your card and holy goodness! Look at all those stamps!!!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. I don't think the Sizzix dies fit in the Cuttlebug but I'm not familiar with the Cuttlebug. It's a thick die, not thin if that helps at all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks for sharing your tips and tricks! love the idea and colors, the composition of your card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow... I'm envious of your selection!!! wow.... great card too, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad there are others like me. I have loads of stamps too...unopened. I have frozen further purchases until I use up more stuff. That's when I decided to make packs of cards as gifts for my son's teachers and as birthday gifts to my family and friends. I enjoy making them and someone gets a gift and I use up my huge amount of supplies. Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on your BIG win at Hero Arts for the CAS balloon card! Love your sorting system!!

    ReplyDelete