Sunday, November 7, 2010

Let it snow..

Hello merry people!! Finally got around to making my Christmas cards:-) ahhh I love this season, it's the best time of the year by far...

Todays card features my lovely Hero arts stamps and some gorgeous My Minds Eye patterned paper from their new Christmas collection:-)

I made a cute Christmassy frame with the patterned paper using my spellbinders dies and then got stamping, I stamped the little penguin twice (so that I could paper piece his jacket and hat separately) I have glittered his collar and pom pom on the hat.. although the flash got rid of all traces of it:-)
Trees were also stamped and coloured with my Copics, and then given a little bit of sparkle with some red and silver stickles..
Background was clear embossed and and inked with some Ranger distress ink.

And here is a close up:-)... of my Jolly Penguin!
I also rounded the corners to soften the look of the card a bit..


Supplies List:
Hero Arts stamps: CL366, AR163, CG211
Sentiment stamp: Kelly Panacci 'Christmas' set
Patterned paper : My Minds Eye
Spellbinders die and Cuttlebug
Zing clear embossing powder
Ranger distress ink in Tumbled glass
Thank you so much for dropping by:-)
Happy stamping!

15 comments:

  1. Jolly indeed! Love the whole design of your card and the dimension that you've given it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! Love those coloured stripes and that cute scene :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your happy color on this card and cure pinguin too...lovely card Michelle...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun and happy looking Christmas card- love your striped frame and the magical BG here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that striped frame and the sweet, little scene you created! Adorable card, Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Michelle, this is so cute & adorable. Love the happy jolly colors, too. Hope all is well.:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the way you added the trees to the background and then the little penguin on top of the frame makes the card so special. I love to see Nestabilitie frames.

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is just adorable. LOVE the snow scene you created. super cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. awww this is so cute, love it :) :) :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE this little scene! This card is too cute!!!
    Hope you have a great weekend, Michelle!

    ~ Ayana

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh my, Michelle! What an adorable card...I love how you used the die cut frame and your penguin is a real charmer!
    bless you!

    ReplyDelete