Saturday, June 5, 2010

Fun with Brads!

Today is my darling husbands Birthday, here is the card I made for him:-) The metal brads were bought specially for this card a couple of months ago, when I saw them on sale at Two Peas I knew exactly what sort of a card I planned to use them on!

I love circle cards, I think they are the coolest; simply because they are not your average card shape; if you go to a card shop, you don't find tonnes of circle cards now do you? :-) That's what makes them special I guess ;-)




I made the base of this card with blue and green paper by Basic Grey ( Sugar Rush) to stop it from looking like a valentines day card since I was planning to use lots of hearts on it. The green paper also has a fun print of dots that looks like confetti, so it was perfect.





I used the 'Many hearts' stamp set and the 'Valentines sayings' stamp set by Hero arts and got busy stamping the patterned hearts in Magenta and Red Colorbox ink and then Clear embossed them.

Since some of the patterned hearts were too big for this card I took the patterned heart that I had stamped and pre cut, flipped it over, used a smaller heart and stamped on it and cut it out. This way I got patterned small hearts!!

Thats a fun little trick to get the most out of your stamps:-) So if you need smaller hearts in those fab patterns you can try this out..

The banner was drawn free hand and the sentiment was stamped using the fun small letters in the Hero arts 'Cute letters' stamp set, they are great for a card like this!

I then assembled the card by adding the Big Metal number brads by Around the block to finish it off :-)

Hope you enjoyed my card, sorry I have not been able to post much as hubby has been ill these days.. Will be back with the winner for the give away and hopefully another card by Monday!


Please feel free to leave some comments or questions about the card as I love reading them:-)

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, love the cool, funky look of this card and I am sure that your hubby will love this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is so special, and a really wonderful design. Well wishes for your husband too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card, Michelle! Hope your hubby feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great design, Michelle! I love the shape, patterns and all those fun hearts! Hope your hubby feels better soon and Happy Birthday to him! He'll love this card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the circle - the 33 really stands out... I like that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow- what a FUN card- love the big "33" and all the hearts and great BG papers! Circle cards are great- so differnet and unique!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is way cute Michelle! I love the shape, the colors, the elements outside the circle.... it's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute card! Love the colors and great design!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a wonderful card! Happy Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete