Thursday, June 17, 2010

Sending smiles

I love this tiny bicycle by Hero arts, it's the most happy little bicycle I've seen! Perfect for the Moxie Fab challenge. I was so inspired by all the cute bicycle images they had in the post and decided to go for a clean card.

If you want to play as well:

http://www.moxiefabworld.com/2010/06/moxie-fab-world-challenge-i-want-to.html

I wanted to keep the bicycle as the main focus, so I made sure all other elements are as neutral as possible. That's why the ribbon is left black, it also frames the proportions of the card well.

I picked this sentiment because this bicycle makes me smile how could I not smile with that cute basket of fresh flowers?

Anyways, after I made the card I realised this card perfectly fits the PDCC as well ( this time it was to make a card with black white and a bit of blue), I was planning to make another card to enter that but since this matched well I guess I will enter it there as well:-)

Here's the link if you would like to play:

http://theplaydatecafe.blogspot.com/





The background is a Hero arts cling stamp which I stamped and cut out.

( I inked it up sprayed water and stamped it. It comes out a bit blurry and patchy when you do this and gives the background a lovely rustic feel:-) ) I pre stamped the bicycle on my card base before hand since I wanted the wheels to hang out of the scallop circle.




So that's my quick post for the day!

Here's the Supplies list:

Hero arts stamps: Bicycle, Take good care greetings, Striped circle, sending happy thoughts set ( the leaves below the bicycle are from this set)

Ink: Tumbled glass distress ink, Memento Tuxedo Black ink

Copics

17 comments:

  1. I adore how this bicycle is riding along the ivy, great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I love all the white space!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so right, this is a happy little bicycle! And as Karen says, it looks fab riding along the ivy - maybe it's a fairy's bicycle lol Great to have you playing along at the play date cafe, especially as I love visiting your blog and seeing the yummy butterflies on the blog background as well as your lovely cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fab card, Michelle! I love the pretty blue circle! And your black bow is perfect! Thank you so much for your kind comments on my blog yesterday. It helps so much to know everyone cares. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute, great way to use this weeks splash of color! Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this!!! Love the scalloped focal point behind the bike! Clever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this bicycle, too, and you really made it shine here! Fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great card--LOVE that bicycle! Thanks for joining in the fun at the PDCC:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The bicycle stamp never looked so good! I love how you paired it with the leafy vine and the scalloped background...excellent design!
    blessings,
    nancy

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful, Michelle! Love the splash of blue behind the fun bicycle! Thanks for playing along with the Play Date Cafe!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely simple card, Michelle! so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the striped background - such a unique and lovely effect!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable card! Love the background highlight and your splash of color! Thanks for playing along with us at the PDCC!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's great when you can use cards for more than one challenge, isn't it?! Lovely card, makes you want to get out into the sunshine! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Michelle! Thanks for entering the I Want to Ride My Bicycle challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)

    ReplyDelete