Sunday, June 20, 2010

Summer Fun!

So excited to share today's card with you!! Been very busy with it all morning:-)

I had this idea to create a concertina card which displays different elements in a interesting 3D format.
So I designed the fold on a scratch paper and then used my card stock to replicate it.

I stamped out all the images and coloured in with Copic markers, the palm tree was stamped twice and coloured since I needed another extra branch to make it look fuller..

I used masks to create the waves and the sun, I also added an extra layer of waves so that I could tuck the fish behind it to give it more dimension:-)
( Hero Arts blog has a great video on this technique which I came across, the sweet Lisa Spangler demonstrates it:-), check it out! )

http://www.heroarts.com/learning/technique.cfm?techID=148

The sand is a little vial of white sand from Maldives I picked up from a gift shop from my last trip there, it also has little bits of coloured particles in it to add some interest. I used my Tombow mono multi glue and glued it down in a nice layer.. This is the first time I am using this particular glue, it's really good! Holds down the sand real well.


Here are the close ups,




The main image doesn't show the fish very clearly as my smart camera didn't like to focus on it!!
If anyone knows how to photograph it in a nicer way focusing on all the images please drop me a comment, I would be eternally grateful :-)




Supplies Used:

Hero arts stamp: Lets Chill
Distress Ink: Tumbled glass, Chipped Sapphire, Mustard Seed
Copics

Would love to hear your comments and tips on photographing a card like this.

Happy stamping!

12 comments:

  1. WOW! Michelle this is the sweetest scenery card, loving the beach and summer feel to your wonderful creation, you are one talented lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! what a fabulous and super fun card, Michelle!! i love love love this!! so creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of the best scenery cards I have seen! So many details working so very well together and the colors and brightness are amazing! I think the way you photographed is great too, sorry that I don't have any suggestions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning! I want to go there!! I love everything: the colors, the scene, the techniques... I agree with Joy: you are very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this! So epitomizes summer! Fun, fun, fun - well done, Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So fantastic, Michelle! Just LOVE the sun and waves! And so clever to add an extra branch to the palm tree! This sure came together perfectly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just fabulous Michelle- love the real sand and your sun is perfect- the vibrant colors just make me want to go to the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this card! It went right into my favs over at flickr! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your card! So clever and such fun! Sorry I don't have any photography tips. I need help with that too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cool card! I love the way you add the fish between the waves...and that is my favorite thing to do with the sand!!!! Great way to add a bit of beach to a beach card! And the bright colors are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jaw dropping awesome...loved each and every detail..so totally worth the effort!!!

    Fantastic..

    Tejal

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so cute and clever that I had to tell you how much I liked it!!!

    ReplyDelete