Friday, May 21, 2010

Play date cafe challenge

So before I get to the card, just wanted to set something straight, last week when I made the 'fab 4' on Play date cafe, in all my excitement I had posted the wrong badge on my side bar!!
Lucky I noticed it before someone could point it out:-) I hope nobody noticed it, and if you did, so sorry about the misleading badge, it was an honest mistake :-)

That said, lets get down to the challenge this week. Lucky there was pink in it!! I love pink on my cards, so girly and fresh:-)



This week I wanted to break open a new stamp I bought, its the Hero arts cling stamp 'flower plate'. It had a great distressed border .



I added a few roses that I made from regular weight paper, I saw a tutorial how to make these at Clips and Cuts- Vicky's blog:-) I love the card she made with the roses:
http://www.clips-n-cuts.com/2010/05/weekend-video-happy-mothers-day/

I didn't want mine as perfect, so I 'shabbied' it up a bit! used my tweezers and bent the petals to look like roses normally are. I distressed the edges of the layers to match my shabby roses too.

I also made a tiny tag which I hand cut and distressed with Tattered rose distress ink.

I used the same green ink I used to colour my flower plate after clear embossing to make the matching leaves for my roses.




I added a zig-zag running stitch on my ribbon to make the ruffles in it to get some texture, and voila! My card:-)

Supplies used:

Hero arts stamps: Flower plate cling stamp, Valentines sayings clear set, La Lettre stamp
Distress ink: Tattered rose,Mustard seed
SEI chalk ink in Moss
Memento ink in Rich Cocoa
Swiss dots card stock in white
Bo bunny dot paper in yellow. ( I used the reverse side:-))
White gel pen



12 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and roses, Michelle! Saw your card throught Hero Arts Twitter! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card... love the HA stamp and the ribbon!!! :) :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card! And I really like your blog decor - just so springy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love the delicate look of this card! Your ribbon treatment is stunning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely beautiful and so very calming. You make some wonderful beautiful things!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on making the Fab 4 in The Cafe last week....we loved what you did!
    This card is just lovely too....I love all things shabby and pink as well! Great minds ; )

    ReplyDelete
  7. OHHHH--love those roses! So pretty! I also love that sheer ribbon--beautiful! Great job with the color challenge:) Thanks for playing along with us at the PDCC!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card, wonderful embellishments! Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous, Michelle! Love the rolled paper roses! Congrats on the Fab 4! Thanks for playing with the Play Date Cafe!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, what a lovely card! I love the shabby chic-ness of it (not sure that's a word!) Your embellishments and ribbon are fab too! Thanks for playing along with us this week at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love how you used the colors! Very pretty! The roses are perfect touch. Thanks for joining us again at the PDCC!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I truly could spend all day here looking at your lovely cards! This one is quite the beauty!! I adore the colors! Thanks again for your sweet comments on my blog today!! :)

    ReplyDelete