So take a look at the sketch..
And this is what i came up with!.. the oval bit reminded me of a beetle. Super fun, so i hand drew the car and cut it apart. matched it up with colours and here we are...
And here is a closer look:-)
The paper for the background was Sassafras Apple Jack collection paper (thought it looked like the marks on roads- dont know what they are called, I dont have a licence), I managed to snatch a few when i was shopping in Thailand. I used Kraft paper for the boxes, and added some string to 'secure' the boxes on top of the car:-)
I added dimensional adhesive behind the lights for a more realistic look.
Also used my new distressing ink to give some dimension to the hood (I used Tea dye), but once it dried out it kind of faded, so the result was not what i was hoping for... Oh well, but i still love the end result:-)
Thanks for looking!!