Thursday, April 29, 2010

More Mothers day!

Hi again, been totally inspired to make mothers days cards.. woke up with a head full of ideas:-) Don't you just love days like that?

I made this to enter the Hero Arts challenge, I wanted to do something with more dimension and layers this time around.. I used two background stamps, the Ledger cling stamp and the La Letter wood block stamp. The blue background is from Pink Paislee, finally put it to good use:-)

I stamped the blue base with gold ink with the letter stamp twice, this is to cover the larger area used here.. the woodblock stamp is quite small for a project like this.

I cut out the flowers from the Pink Paislee papers and set them aside. I needed butterflies to give some texture, so I bought the Flutterbies Digital set by Hero Arts for this. They are soo awesome! I printed two whole sheets in different sizes for later. They are real value for money:-) I Coloured them in with my Copics.

I stamped a few tiny bees and butterflies from a Prima stamp onto the blue background. Cut out a piece of creamy coloured card stock and tore off the top edge, stamped the sentiment and embossed in gold embossing powder I picked up from my visit to Thailand. After embossing I stamped the Ledger. I then distressed with some Tea Dye Ranger ink.

With my finger nail I distressed the edges of the blue base card to look a bit rugged. I have seen Jennifer Mcguire do this and it works wonderfully, she has some great tips on her blog check it out, its on my blog list.


So here is the card,



Here is a close up.,



Supplies:
Flutterbies Digi kit by Hero arts
Ledger Cling stamp
La Letter stamp
Prima stamp ( not sure what its called)
Gold Ink by Colourbox
Chestnut roan ink by Colourbox
London fog Memento Ink
Versamark ink
Gold embossing powder
Pink Paislee Papers, Queen bee and 365 Degrees.
Technique Tuesday sentiment stamp: Everyday words

Thanks for looking!!

5 comments:

  1. oooh Michelle! That is beautiful!!!! I love everything about the card! Good luck!! It looks like a winner to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the background on your flowers! Beautiful card. The gold sentiment is a lovely touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow- this is a fabulous card- really love the background and the gold sentiment! I really like the small delicate looking butterflies too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's about the most beautiful embossing job I've ever seen. Gorgeous color and image choices! For sure a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Michelle, thanks for the comment. I love this beautiful card, that sentiment embossed in gold is perfection!
    bless you,
    nancy

    ReplyDelete